Welcome to Year 6
Teachers: Mr Newcombe and Mr Cook
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Daniel and Mrs Connolly
From time to time, we may contact you via email or Class Dojo. You are welcome to contact class teachers via the Class Dojo app.
In this section you will find a range of writing, maths, grammar and topic tasks for children to complete at home. Children can also go on TT Rockstars and Reading Plus at home.
New tasks will be uploaded each week.
Mr Newcombe and Mr Cook
Transition Activities (optional)
- 1 Cover Page.pdf
- 2 New Subjects.pdf
- 3 School Equipment.pdf
- 4 School Uniform.pdf
- 5 School Rules.pdf
- 6 Travelling to School Survey.pdf
- 7 Primary School Profile.pdf
- 8 Secondary School Profile.pdf
- 9 Getting to Know People.pdf
- 10 My Educational Journey So Far.pdf
- 11 Daily Timetable Sample.pdf
- 12 Daily Timetable Activity 1.pdf
- 14 Daily Timetable Activity 2.pdf
- 14 Time Capsule Letter.pdf
- 15 Time Capsule Snapshots.pdf
- 16 Time Capsule Scrapbook.pdf
- 17 School Scenarios Activity Sheet 1.pdf
- 18 School Scenarios Activity Sheet 2.pdf
- 19 My Feelings About Secondary School.pdf
- 20 Homework Task.pdf
Children are expected to read every day (reading records initialled by a parent) and need to read to a parent twice a week (a comment is needed from the parent). Reading records are to be handed in every day.
Spellings will be issued on a Friday and tested the following Friday. Children are encouraged to use a range of methods to learn their spellings.
Maths and Grammar
Maths and Grammar homework will be issued in the form of a worksheet. Maths homework will cover areas that children have been working on in class. Grammar homework will cover grammar terms from all previous year groups and the current year group.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and should be handed in the following Wednesday.
PE for Year 6 will be outdoors, when possible. Children have been asked to bring trainers, tracksuit bottoms and a warm jumper as well as their indoor kits. Children come to school in their PE kits.
Children will need plain costume/trunks (no baggy shorts), towel, goggles, goggle letter.
We will be basing our English lessons around a range of texts
Francis (Short story video)